Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Dec-02, Yugo Nagata wrote:

> > > In the first option, we support only built-in aggregates which we know able
> > > to handle correctly. Supported aggregates can be identified using their OIDs.
> > > User-defined aggregates are not supported. I think this is the simplest and
> > > easiest way.
> >
> > I think this is enough for the first cut of IVM. So +1.
>
> If there is no objection, I will add the check of aggregate functions
> by this way. Thanks.

The way I imagine things is that there's (one or more) new column in
pg_aggregate that links to the operator(s) (or function(s)?) that
support incremental update of the MV for that aggregate function.  Is
that what you're proposing?

All that query-construction business in apply_delta() looks quite
suspicious.