Re: TAP tests aren't using the magic words for Windows file access - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: TAP tests aren't using the magic words for Windows file access
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 08:09:38PM +0100, Juan José Santamaría Flecha wrote:
> I think Perl's open() is a bad candidate for an overload, so I will update
> the previous patch that only touches slurp_file().

FWIW, I don't like much the approach of patching only slurp_file().
What gives us the guarantee that we won't have this discussion again
in a couple of months or years once a new caller of open() is added
for some new TAP tests, and that it has the same problems with
multi-process concurrency?
--
Michael

Attachment