Re: Missing dependency tracking for TableFunc nodes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Missing dependency tracking for TableFunc nodes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Nov-14, Tomas Vondra wrote:

> Isn't that solved by RemoveObjects() doing this?
>
>    /* Get an ObjectAddress for the object. */
>    address = get_object_address(stmt->removeType,
>                                 object,
>                                 &relation,
>                                 AccessExclusiveLock,
>                                 stmt->missing_ok);
>
> I've actually done some debugging before sending the patch, and I think
> this prevent the issue you describe.

Hmm .. shouldn't get_statistics_object_oid get a lock on the table that
owns the stats object too?  I think it should be setting *relp to it.
That way, the lock you're proposing to add would be obtained there.
That means it'd be similar to what we do for OBJECT_TRIGGER etc,
get_object_address_relobject().

I admit this'd crash and burn if we had stats on multiple relations,
because there'd be no way to return the multiple relations that would
end up locked.