Re: [BUG] Uninitialized var buffer flag used. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [BUG] Uninitialized var buffer flag used.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On 2019-11-13 17:07:00 +0000, Ranier Vilela wrote:
> file: /backend/tsearch/spell.c
> line: 1534
> var: flag

I'll echo Tom's complaint in a nearby thread that the format of these
complaints is distinctly lacking.

But I do agree that this looks at least a bit fishy - if there were an
ispell file without a "flag" line, it does indeed seem that we'd pass an
uninitialized flag to NIAddAffix(), which'd duly cpstrdup() it.

Now, practically that's probably fine, because there's likely to be no
affix files witout flags, but we shouldn't rely on that.

Greetings,

Andres Freund