Re: pg_upgrade fails with non-standard ACL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_upgrade fails with non-standard ACL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 08, 2019 at 06:03:06PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I have begun looking at this one.

Another question I have: do we need to care more about other extra
ACLs applied to other object types?  For example a subset of columns
on a table with a column being renamed could be an issue.  Procedure
renamed in core are not that common still we did it.

Here is another idea I have regarding this set of problems.  We could
use pg_depend on the source for system objects and join it with
pg_init_privs, and then compare it with the entries of the target
based on the descriptions generated by pg_describe_object().  If there
is an object renamed or an unmatching signature, then we would
immediately find about it, for any object types.
--
Michael

Attachment