Re: Instead of using the bloom index, a parallel sequencial scan isused with this example - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Instead of using the bloom index, a parallel sequencial scan isused with this example
Date
Responses Re: Instead of using the bloom index, a parallel sequencial scan isused with this example  ("Daniel Westermann (DWE)" <daniel.westermann@dbi-services.com>)
List pgsql-docs
On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 03:17:06PM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/bloom.html

I cleaned up your script and created an SQL file that can be piped into
psql, attached.  I see the bloomidx index being used without and with
the ANALYZE, output attached.  I tested this on git master, and back
through PG 10.  Would you please run these queries and post the output:

    SELECT version();

    SELECT name, current_setting(name), source
    FROM pg_settings
    WHERE source NOT IN ('default', 'override');

My guess is that you have some non-default setting that is causing
bloomidx not to be used.

Attachment