Re: pgsql: Add hooks for session start and session end, take two - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Add hooks for session start and session end, take two
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Tue, Oct 01, 2019 at 01:10:36AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> The idea that you can launch a query after proc_exit has started is
> complete insanity.  I hope this is just a poorly-thought-out test
> case, and not something that's inherent to this module.  If there
> are not reasonable use-cases that don't need that, we should just
> revert the feature altogether, because it's nothing but a large
> caliber foot-gun.

That was originally just part of the original test to prove the point
of the session end hook where people wanted to be able to log some
activity once the session is done with.
--
Michael

Attachment