citext, actually probably using extensions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From stan
Subject citext, actually probably using extensions
Date
List pgsql-general
I was pointed to the citext type to help solve an issue for a project I am
working on. I looked at this page:

https://nandovieira.com/using-insensitive-case-columns-in-postgresql-with-citext
But I must be doing something wrong. As the PG superuser, I did this:

postgres=# CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS citext WITH SCHEMA public;
CREATE EXTENSION

and as the superuser it shows up in the \dx display

BUT as a normal user:

stan=> \dx
List of installed extensions
Name   | Version |   Schema   |         Description

plpgsql | 1.0     | pg_catalog | PL/pgSQL procedural
                   language
 (1 row)

 It does not.

 What am I doing incorrectly?