Re: FW: Re: Shouldn;t this trigger be called? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From stan
Subject Re: FW: Re: Shouldn;t this trigger be called?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 08:59:43AM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 9/15/19 8:55 AM, stan wrote:
> >
> > Sorry forgot to cc the list

> > > What is the actual command you are using?
> >

> >   \COPY customer(name, location, status , c_type , bill_attention , bill_addresse , bill_address_1 , bill_address_2
,bill_city , bill_state ,  bill_country , ship_attention , ship_addresse , ship_address_1 , ship_address_2, ship_city
,ship_state ) from '/home/stan/pm_db/live_data/ready/customer.csv'  DELIMITER ','  CSV HEADER ;

> > and here is the function
> >
> > CREATE FUNCTION fix_customer_types_case()
> > RETURNS trigger AS $$
> > BEGIN
> >          if NEW.c_type  IS NOT NULL
> >     THEN
> >         NEW.c_type := upper(cast( NEW.c_type AS TEXT));
> >     END IF ;
> >          if NEW.status  IS NOT NULL
> >     THEN
> >            RAISE NOTICE 'Called With %', NEW.status;
> >         NEW.status := upper(cast( NEW.status AS TEXT));
> >     END IF ;
> >     RAISE NOTICE 'Left With With %', NEW.status;
> >     RAISE NOTICE 'Left With With %', NEW.c_type;
> >          return NEW;
> > END;
> > $$
> > LANGUAGE PLPGSQL;
> >
> > if I do an insert this function is called. However it IS NOT called for the
> > above copy command. How can I fix that?
>
> I thought you said it was fixed now.

I discovered that the function was not getting defined, and fixed that. Then I
rashly posted to the list that it was fixed, as i was certain that was the
only issue. But after I reported that, I tried testing, with he results in
this email.

Works for INSERT, but does not fire on this \copy command.

neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin