help formualting a query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From stan
Subject help formualting a query
Date
List pgsql-general
I am having a hard time figuring out to do this, the SQL way. Doing in a
procedural way with a foreach would be deasy, but I suspect that a
properly formulated SQL query can achieve this.

I have a table that contains a  series of rows. Each row has a project key,
a start date, and an end date. There are multiple rows with different start
and end dates for each project.

I need to return something that contains, one row per project key, with the
min(star date) and max(end date) for ALL the records for that given
project.

Any suggestions?

neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin