Re: BUG #15954: Unable to alter partitioned table to set logged - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #15954: Unable to alter partitioned table to set logged
Date
Re: BUG #15954: Unable to alter partitioned table to set logged  (Keith Fiske <keith.fiske@crunchydata.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 09:24:38AM -0400, Keith Fiske wrote:
> As the others have stated, I think we just need to get some sort of
> consistent method of handling this. Currently running an ALTER TABLE on the
> parent to change the UNLOGGED state simply does nothing which is not
> intuitive whatsoever. Even if it's just throwing an error saying you cannot
> change this property, that would be better until a more thorough solution
> can be implemented in the future.

One problem with an error is that it may break existing application
code :(
--
Michael

Attachment