Re: Add parallelism and glibc dependent only options to reindexdb - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Add parallelism and glibc dependent only options to reindexdb
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 01:05:32PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Fair enough.  List has gotten quite sophisticated now, so I understand
> the concern.

Just wondering something...  List cells include one pointer, one
signed integer and an OID.  The two last entries are basically 4-byte
each, hence could we reduce a bit the bloat by unifying both of them?
I understand that the distinction exists because both may not be of
the same size..

/me runs and hides
--
Michael