Re: Add parallelism and glibc dependent only options to reindexdb - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Add parallelism and glibc dependent only options to reindexdb
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 11:18:06AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> BTW "progname" is a global variable in logging.c, and it's initialized
> by pg_logging_init(), so there's no point in having a local variable in
> main() that's called the same and initialized the same way.  You could
> just remove it from the signature of all those functions
> (connectDatabase and callers), and there would be no visible change.

Sure, and I was really tempted to do that until I noticed that we pass
down progname for fallback_application_name in the connection string
and that we would basically need to externalize progname in logging.h,
as well as switch all the callers of pg_logging_init to now include
their own definition of progname, which was much more invasive than
the initial refactoring intended.  I am also under the impression that
we had better keep get_progname() and pg_logging_init() as rather
independent things.

> Also: [see attached]

Missed those in the initial cleanup.  Applied, thanks!
--
Michael

Attachment