Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

https://crypto.stackexchange.com/questions/20/what-are-the-practical-differences-between-256-bit-192-bit-and-128-bit-aes-enc

https://apps.nsa.gov/iaarchive/library/ia-guidance/ia-solutions-for-classified/algorithm-guidance/cnsa-suite-and-quantum-computing-faq.cfm

> ECRYPT - 2015 - Recommends AES-256 for future quantum resistance.
> https://www.ecrypt.eu.org/csa/documents/PQC-whitepaper.pdf
>
> ECRYPT - 2018 - Recommends AES-256 for long term use.
> https://www.ecrypt.eu.org/csa/documents/D5.4-FinalAlgKeySizeProt.pdf

Oh, interesting.  Let's see what performance tests with the database
show.