Re: Introduce MIN/MAX aggregate functions to pg_lsn - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Introduce MIN/MAX aggregate functions to pg_lsn
Date
Re: Introduce MIN/MAX aggregate functions to pg_lsn  (Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 02, 2019 at 11:31:49AM -0300, Fabrízio de Royes Mello wrote:
> New version attached.

This looks in pretty good shape to me, and no objections from me to
get those functions as the min() flavor is useful for monitoring WAL
retention for complex deployments.

Do you have a particular use-case in mind for max() one?  I can think
of at least one case: monitoring the flush LSNs of a set of standbys
to find out how much has been replayed at most.
--
Michael

Attachment