Re: ERROR when inserting csv values into sql table - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Anthony E. Greene
Subject Re: ERROR when inserting csv values into sql table
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 13-Jun-2019/14:19 +0200, Bzzzz <lazyvirus@gmx.com> wrote:
>On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 20:05:55 +0800
>Cravan <savageapple850@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>
>Hi Cravan,
>
>first things first : do you _really_ (I mean really, really, really)
>*need* to use columns names with capital letters ?
>'cos this is the kinda thing that can easily turn to troubles
>comparing to put all names in lowercase.

Cravan,

I use Perl, not Python, so your experience may differ. But I've been using
PostgreSQL for a few years and found that life is simpler if you
consistently use lowercase identifiers (e.g. table and column names). It
reduces the potential for quoting problems when troubleshooting.

--
Anthony E. Greene <mailto:agreene@pobox.com>