Re: Data entry / data editing tools (more end-user focus). - Mailing list pgsql-general

From bret_stern@machinemanagement.com
Subject Re: Data entry / data editing tools (more end-user focus).
Date
List pgsql-general
Not exactly sure how much coding you are interested in doing.
I use access and Libre Base to prototype data entry from time to time.
Been pretty happy with Lazarus lately. A free Delphi/Pascal IDE, that runs x-platform.
You can put stuff together pretty quickly.
Best

-------- Original message --------
From: Tony Shelver <tshelver@gmail.com>
Date: 5/23/19 2:52 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: Stefan Keller <sfkeller@gmail.com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: Data entry / data editing tools (more end-user focus).

I looked at quite a few options.   Some constraints on my side that our direction is open source, with Linux development and servers.
Radzen is .NET:  I could just as well use MS Access to cobble together a front end.

CUBA and OpenXava are Java based and seem to require writing Java for logic: I last used nearly 20 years ago and 'fast' development and Java IMHO is an oxymoron.

Aurelia looks a bit promising, but I am not sure if it gains anything over the current crop of JS libraries and frameworks, such as Vue, React et al, and then libraries / frameworks built on top of those such as  Nuxt / Vue, Quasar / Vue or Vuetify / Vue, which seem to have far more activity on Github.

I managed to set up a quick and dirty front end using LibreOffice Base over a weekend, next iteration i will probably move over to a Vue framework, probably using Quasar..