Re: Debugging Failed Startup - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Debugging Failed Startup
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2019-May-02, Ray Cote wrote:

> Does anyone have a hint on how I'd go about debugging why PostgreSQL 11 is
> not starting on CentOS 7?
> Was running fine for several weeks then fails to come up after a reboot.

How are you getting it started after the reboot?  If you're not using
systemd facilities (eg. if you're calling pg_ctl on your own script),
systemd may be getting confused about what's the status of the service
and stopping it on its own.

Also, what are the timestamp differences between the final "redirecting
log output" line and the "Failed to start" lines?