Re: BUG #15772: Some messages in log files are in ANSI encodingwhile server encoding is UTF8 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #15772: Some messages in log files are in ANSI encodingwhile server encoding is UTF8
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 2019-Apr-18, Eugene Podshivalov wrote:

> Bruce,
> Here is a screenshot of how looks like when I open the log file in
> notepad++ and switch encoding from UTF8 to ANSI.
> [image: image.png]

I suppose you have databases with the single-byte encoding amidst your
UTF8 ones.  AFAIK the log file registers the log entries in the same
encoding that the database uses.  Different databases can use different
encodings.

That's pretty broken, but it's how it is.