Re: Out of Memory errors are frustrating as heck! - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: Out of Memory errors are frustrating as heck!
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 11:59:45PM -0400, Gunther wrote:
> On 4/14/2019 23:24, Tom Lane wrote:
> >Any chance of extracting a self-contained test case that reproduces this?
> With 18 million rows involved in the base tables, hardly.

Were you able to reproduce the problem with SELECT (without INSERT) ?
How many rows does it output ?  Show explain analyze if possible.  If that
still errors, can you make it work with a small enough LIMIT ?

We haven't seen the view - maybe it's very complicated, but can you reproduce
with a simpler one ?  Fewer joins ?  Or fewer join conditions ?

Justin