Re: pg_dump is broken for partition tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pg_dump is broken for partition tablespaces
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-04-14 10:38:05 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> It's entirely possible BTW that this whole business of inheriting
> tablespace from the partitioned table is broken and should be thrown
> out.  I certainly don't see any compelling reason for partitions to
> act differently from regular tables in this respect, and the more
> problems we find with the idea, the less attractive it seems.

Indeed. After discovering during the tableam work, and trying to write
tests for the equivalent feature for tableam, I decided that just not
allowing AM specifications for partitioned tables is the right call - at
least until the desired behaviour is clearer. The discussion of the last
few days makes me think so even more.

Greetings,

Andres Freund