Re: postgresql.conf file goes missing everytime I restart postgresDB server. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: postgresql.conf file goes missing everytime I restart postgresDB server.
Date
Re: postgresql.conf file goes missing everytime I restart postgres DB server.  (Vikas Bodani <vikas@webdataconsulting.in>)
List pgsql-admin
On 2019-Apr-09, arnab biswas wrote:

> I am trying to setup postgresql bdr 9.4. I have to do regular restart of DB
> server after doing changes in postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf. After
> restart the postgresql.conf file does not load. It gives the following
> error:
>
> /var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main/postgresql.conf not found
>
> I could not find any solution to this issue. Requesting your kind reply to
> this issue.

So how do you recreate the postgresql.conf file?

Maybe you have some HA tool that starts up another server, and delete
this one's config file in order to prevent split-brain.