Re: postgresql.conf file goes missing everytime I restart postgres DB server. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From arnab biswas
Subject Re: postgresql.conf file goes missing everytime I restart postgres DB server.
Date
List pgsql-admin
Exactly, I am not able to recreate the postgresql.conf file.

I checked every log and I can't find a file that is deleting the postgres.conf file.

I have to setup everything all over again inside a new VM, which is a impractical scenario for operations.

Regards,

ARNAB BISWAS
MOB: 7064342437
PRN: 18030241056

On Tue 9 Apr, 2019, 22:10 Alvaro Herrera, <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2019-Apr-09, arnab biswas wrote:

> I am trying to setup postgresql bdr 9.4. I have to do regular restart of DB
> server after doing changes in postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf. After
> restart the postgresql.conf file does not load. It gives the following
> error:
>
> /var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main/postgresql.conf not found
>
> I could not find any solution to this issue. Requesting your kind reply to
> this issue.

So how do you recreate the postgresql.conf file?

Maybe you have some HA tool that starts up another server, and delete
this one's config file in order to prevent split-brain.

--
Álvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/