Re: BUG #15727: PANIC: cannot abort transaction 295144144, it wasalready committed - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #15727: PANIC: cannot abort transaction 295144144, it wasalready committed
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 2019-Apr-02, Andres Freund wrote:

> > AFAICS this error can only come from ExecDelete(), because the value 1
> > is TM_Invisible and the other callsites where the "unexpected
> > table_lock_tuple" error appears use different wording for that one.
>
> Hm? Why couldn't it be the ExecUpdate() case?

You're right, that one too.

> > Maybe it's the result of a deferred constraint being checked at that
> > time ... maybe it's trying to honor an "on cascade delete" setting for
> > an FK, and the affected tuple has already been updated or deleted?
>
> Then it ought to get TM_Deleted, no? We ought to wait till that
> transaction commits, and then roll back.

I was thinking that this would have happened in the same transaction;
but yeah I didn't spend too much time analyzing the exact code flow.
Anyway I agree that there's something odd going on, and perhaps you just
unmasked an earlier bug.