Re: BUG #15724: Can't create foreign table as partition - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #15724: Can't create foreign table as partition
Date
Re: BUG #15724: Can't create foreign table as partition  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On 2019-Mar-29, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> CREATE FOREIGN TABLE staging.msg_json PARTITION of msg_json
>     FOR VALUES FROM (20170101) TO (20180101)
>     SERVER postgres_big_data_arch
>     OPTIONS (schema_name 'fix_capture', table_name 'msg_json');
>

> I got error !!!!
>
> SQL Error [42809]: ERROR: cannot create index on foreign table "msg_json"
>   ERROR: cannot create index on foreign table "msg_json"
>   ERROR: cannot create index on foreign table "msg_json"

Ah, this is because we try to propagate the index to the partition,
which appears to be less than desirable.  Maybe this patch fixes it?  I
have not tested it, only verified that it compiles.

Attachment