Re: Log a sample of transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: Log a sample of transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Re: Adrien NAYRAT 2019-03-28 <c86d676a-0b1e-f9be-3da2-63fa15070db0@anayrat.info>

> > Agreed with using "0.0" and "1.0".

> +#log_transaction_sample_rate = 0    # Fraction of transactions whose statements
> +                    # are logged regardless of their duration. 1.0 logs all
> +                    # statements from all transactions, 0.0 never logs.

This still looks weird to me. If the default is to never log, and
that's 0.0 as per the comment, the setting should be 0.0 as well.

The same applies to log_statement_sample_rate which is already
committed, were it looks even worse:

#log_statement_sample_rate = 1  # Fraction of logged statements over
                                        # log_min_duration_statement. 1.0 logs all statements,
                                        # 0 never logs.

Is "over" even correct English? ("out of" "from"?)

Christoph