Re: BUG #15631: Generated as identity field in a temporary tablewith on commit drop corrupts system catalogs - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #15631: Generated as identity field in a temporary tablewith on commit drop corrupts system catalogs
Date
In response to Re: BUG #15631: Generated as identity field in a temporary table withon commit drop corrupts system catalogs  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 10:28:11AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>                   /* Need CCI between commands */
> -                 if (lnext(l) != NULL)
>                       CommandCounterIncrement();

Hmm.  We could actually live with this suggestion, and this impacts
only CREATE TABLE and ALTER TABLE statements.  I would still add a CCI
after the internal dependency between the identity sequence and its
root table is recorded though as there could be other callers of the
internal sequence API, so a CCI only in utility.c may not be enough.

> I think we should also make the implicitly created sequence temporary.
> Even though the permanent sequence is cleaned up properly, we should
> avoid having those sequences write to the WAL.

Indeed, sounds good to me.
--
Michael

Attachment