Re: PostgreSQL-11 Streaming Replication Slave Recovering - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: PostgreSQL-11 Streaming Replication Slave Recovering
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 12:07:27PM +0300, Ali Mumcu wrote:
> when on master create new wal_file(like  *000000010000000000000009)*  and
> then on slave this is updating on slave like  "*startup   recovering
> 000000010000000000000009*  "
>
> Is that a problem or not i dont know?

That's normal.  From the point of view of the startup process, which
is the one in charge of replaying WAL data and checking when it is
available from the different sources (local pg_wal, archives with
restore_command or streaming), then this status means "I am recovering
WAL records that are within this WAL segment".
--
Michael

Attachment