Re: LDAP on AIX build farm animals - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: LDAP on AIX build farm animals
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 12:21:58PM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On several AIX BF animals such as tern, I see evidence that it might
> be using IBM LDAP:
>
> checking for ldap_initialize... no

> Another explanation is that it is actually using OpenLDAP, but it's a
> version so ancient that it doesn't have OpenLDAP's non-standard
> ldap_initialize() function (that'd put it in the 20th century,
> pre-2.0).

It's openldap-2.4.45.  The conclusion that ldap_initialize() is absent stems
from a bug in "configure".  This system has LDAP_LIBS_BE='-lldap -llber' due
to EXTRA_LDAP_LIBS=-llber, but the ldap_initialize() test is done without
-llber.  Relevant config.log:

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=mandrill&dt=2019-03-20%2021%3A47%3A35&stg=config

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 11:35:39PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> writes:
> > Would it be useful for the buildfarm to dump ldd (or equivalent)
> > output for the binaries it's running so that we can see which
> > libraries it finished up linking?
>
> +1 for displaying the LDAP library type/version in some form, but
>
> (a) ldd is pretty platform-specific;
> (b) you will likely get something like "/usr/lib64/libldap.so"
> which isn't too definite about what we're using.
>
> Is there some other way to fingerprint the LDAP implementation?

I would use ldap_get_option(LDAP_OPT_API_INFO), which gives you a vendor name
string and a version number, among other information.