Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ildus Kurbangaliev
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods
Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 14:07:14 +0400
David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:

> On 3/7/19 11:50 AM, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 10:43 AM David Steele <david@pgmasters.net
> > <mailto:david@pgmasters.net>> wrote:
> >
> >     On 2/28/19 5:44 PM, Ildus Kurbangaliev wrote:
> >
> >      > there are another set of patches.
> >      > Only rebased to current master.
> >      >
> >      > Also I will change status on commitfest to 'Needs review'.
> >
> >     This patch has seen periodic rebases but no code review that I
> > can see since last January 2018.
> >
> >     As Andres noted in [1], I think that we need to decide if this
> > is a feature that we want rather than just continuing to push it
> > from CF to CF.
> >

> > Yes.  I took a look at code of this patch.  I think it's in pretty
> > good shape.  But high level review/discussion is required.
>
> OK, but I think this patch can only be pushed one more time, maximum,
> before it should be rejected.
>
> Regards,

Hi,
in my opinion this patch is usually skipped not because it is not
needed, but because of its size. It is not hard to maintain it until
commiters will have time for it or I will get actual response that
nobody is going to commit it.

Attached latest set of patches.

--
Best regards,