Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 11:50:27AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> - Rename the control file when beginning the enabling operation, with
> a callback to rename the file back if the operation is interrupted.
>
> Does this make sense?

Just before I forget...  Please note that this handles interruptions
but not failures, based on the assumption that on failures we can know
that the system was working on its checksums thanks to the temporary
control file so that's useful for debugging in my opinion.
--
Michael

Attachment