Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-03-08 19:13:10 -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> Changes:
> - I've added comments to all the callbacks in the first commit / the
>   scan commit
> - I've renamed table_gimmegimmeslot to table_slot_create
> - I've made the callbacks and their wrappers more consistently named
> - I've added asserts for necessary callbacks in scan commit
> - Lots of smaller cleanup
> - Added a commit message
>
> While 0001 is pretty bulky, the interesting bits concentrate on a
> comparatively small area. I'd appreciate if somebody could give the
> comments added in tableam.h a read (both on callbacks, and their
> wrappers, as they have different audiences). It'd make sense to first
> read the commit message, to understand the goal (and I'd obviously also
> appreciate suggestions for improvements there as well).
>
> I'm pretty happy with the current state of the scan patch. I plan to do
> two more passes through it (formatting, comment polishing, etc. I don't
> know of any functional changes needed), and then commit it, lest
> somebody objects.

Here's a further polished version. Pretty boring changes:
- newlines
- put tableam.h into the correct place
- a few comment improvements, including typos
- changed reorderqueue_push() to accept the slot. That avoids an
  unnecessary heap_copytuple() in some cases

No meaningful changes in later patches.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Attachment