Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(I spent some time trying to reproduce the original bug, but was
interrupted for lunch before getting a useful installation.  I find it a
bit strange that it doesn't crash in x86_64, mind ...)

On 2019-Mar-08, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> It fixes current issue, but I afraid so these two routines are not
> replaceable. xmlFreeNodeList doesn't release xmlFreeDtd, XML_ATTRIBUTE_NODE
> is not checked.

:-(

> Maybe we can call explicitly xmlFreeDoc instead xmlFreeNode
>
> some like
>
> if (cur_copy->type == XML_DOCUMENT_NODE)
>   xmlFreeDoc((xmlDocPtr) cur_copy);
> else
>   xmlFreeNode(cur_copy);
>
> This looks most correct fix for me. What do you think?

Seems like that should work, yeah ...