Re: BUG #15668: Server crash in transformPartitionRangeBounds - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #15668: Server crash in transformPartitionRangeBounds
Date
Re: BUG #15668: Server crash in transformPartitionRangeBounds  (Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Mar 06, 2019 at 04:00:42PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> Thanks for looking at this.  Your patch seems better, because it allows us
> to keep the error message consistent with the message one would get with
> list-partitioned syntax.

Thanks for confirming.  I think that it would be nice as well to add
more test coverage for such error patterns with all the strategies.
It would be good to fix that first, so I can take care of that.

Now I don't really find the error "missing FROM-clause entry for
table" quite convincing when this is applied to a partition bound when
using a column defined in the relation.  Adding more error classes in
the set of CRERR_NO_RTE would be perhaps nice, still I am not sure how
elegant it could be made when looking at expressions for partition
bounds.
--
Michael

Attachment