Re: patch to allow disable of WAL recycling - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: patch to allow disable of WAL recycling
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jerry,

On 2019-Mar-05, Jerry Jelinek wrote:

> Thanks again for your review. I went through your proposed patch diffs and
> applied most of them to my original changes. I did a few things slightly
> differently since I wanted to keep to to 80 columns for the source code,
> but I can revisit that if it is not an issue.

Yeah, in the places where I exceeded the limit, it is largely considered
not an issue.  Brace curling *is* an issue, though :-)  I would prefer
to go with my version (which is largely just stylistic changes over
yours), applying your subsequent changes on top of that.

I can't remember now if I pgindented it or just changed manually ... I
should do that.

> also cleaned up the confusing wording around "allocating blocks". I
> ran a clean build and make check passes. The new patch is attached.

Cool.  Can you confirm that it still fixes the performance issue for
you?  (It should, since functionally it should be the same thing as
yours.)