Re: pg_partition_tree crashes for a non-defined relation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_partition_tree crashes for a non-defined relation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 04:32:03PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Yeah, looks good, please push.

Done for this part.

> I would opt for returning the empty set for legacy inheritance too.
>
> More generally, I think we should return empty for anything that's
> either not RELKIND_PARTITIONED_TABLE or has relispartition set.

I think that one option is to make the function return only the table
itself if it is not a partitioned table, which would be more
consistent with what pg_partition_root() does.

What I am writing next sounds perhaps a bit fancy, but in my opinion a
normal table is itself a partition tree, made of one single member:
itself.
--
Michael

Attachment