Re: TupleTableSlot abstraction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: TupleTableSlot abstraction
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 09:42:38PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> I'm not so sure that's the architecturally correct fix however. Is it
> actually guaranteed, given expanded tuples, toasting, etc, that there's
> no other memory leak here? I wonder if we shouldn't work twoards using a
> short lived memory context here. Note how e.g. printtup() uses a short
> lived context for its work.

Perhaps.  I got to wonder if this change would not impact code using
their own DestReceiver, resulting in similar leaks when they insert
tuples on-the-fly.  Such issues can be surprising for fork an plugin
developers.  I was playing a bit with some refactoring of relation
creation for CTAS in the scope of temporary matviews, and noticed this
issue on the CF list, so that was a bit annoying, and issues like that
tend to be easily forgotten..
--
Michael

Attachment