Re: Using POPCNT and other advanced bit manipulation instructions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Using POPCNT and other advanced bit manipulation instructions
Date
Re: Using POPCNT and other advanced bit manipulation instructions  (Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Feb-04, David Rowley wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 at 11:45, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >
> > I only have cosmetic suggestions for this patch.  For one thing, I think
> > the .c file should be in src/port and its header should be in
> > src/include/port/, right beside the likes of pg_bswap.h and pg_crc32c.h.
>
> I've moved the code into src/port and renamed the file to pg_bitutils.c

I've pushed this now.  Let's see what the buildfarm has to say about it.

> I've compiled and run make check-world on Linux with GCC7.3 and
> clang6.0. I've also tested on MSVC to ensure I didn't break windows.
> It would be good to get a few more people to compile it and run the
> tests.

That's what the buildfarm is for ...