Re: pgsql: Allow some recovery parameters to be changed with reload - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Allow some recovery parameters to be changed with reload
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Sat, Feb 09, 2019 at 01:35:52PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> While I agree that we don't really have a formal policy, there are
> certainly some who do (or, at least did) seem to care quite a bit about
> this and that's why I've been using '--ignore-date' for quite some time
> in my workflow:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BTgmobEgs1%3DAT0_SRvf6K9XrG7QAUyRNeuv5D9oaXrmpST9fw%40mail.gmail.com

I have messed up that one time in the last and I have noticed that
folks care about that, so I try to be careful and I use
--reset-author.  Now one reason why I got confused is that I had this
git alias to show a simple graph of the git commits:
-   graph = log --graph --date-order -C -M --pretty=format:\"<%h> %ad [%an] %Cgreen%d%Creset %s\" --all --date=short
+   graph = log --graph --date-order -C -M --pretty=format:\"<%h> %cd [%cn] %Cgreen%d%Creset %s\" --all --date=short

%ad and %an stand respectively for the author date and the author
name, and moving to %cd and $cn for the commit date and the committer
name is one way to improve things.
--
Michael

Attachment