Re: speeding up planning with partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: speeding up planning with partitions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Jan-30, Imai, Yoshikazu wrote:

> Why I did these tests is that I wanted to confirm that even if we
> apply each patch one by one, there's no performance problem. Because
> patches are quite large, I just felt it might be difficult to commit
> these patches all at once and I thought committing patch one by one
> would be another option to commit these patches. I don't know there is
> the rule in the community how patches should be committed, and if
> there, my thoughts above may be bad.

There are no absolute rules, but if I was committing it, I would
certainly commit each separately, mostly because reviewing the whole
series at once looks daunting ... and given the proposed commit
messages, I'd guess that writing a combined commit message would also be
very difficult.

So thanks for doing these tests.