Re: Benchmarking: How to identify bottleneck (limiting factor) andachieve "linear scalability"? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: Benchmarking: How to identify bottleneck (limiting factor) andachieve "linear scalability"?
Date
Re: Benchmarking: How to identify bottleneck (limiting factor) andachieve "linear scalability"?  (Saurabh Nanda <saurabhnanda@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-performance
On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 01:09:16PM +0530, Saurabh Nanda wrote:
> It seems that PGOPTIONS="-c synchronous_commit=off" has a significant
> impact. However, I still can not understand why the TPS for the optimised
> case is LOWER than the default for higher concurrency levels!

Do you know which of the settings is causing lower TPS ?

I suggest to check shared_buffers.

If you haven't done it, disabling THP and KSM can resolve performance issues,
esp. with large RAM like shared_buffers, at least with older kernels.
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20170718180152.GE17566%40telsasoft.com

Justin