Re: using expression syntax for partition bounds - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: using expression syntax for partition bounds
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 12:14:33PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> The describe lines are there just to show that the stored expessions are
> not verbatim same as the input expressions, so it seemed an overkill to add
> them for all of the partitions.

I see, so per 7c079d7 this is the reason why showing part_3 matters
because you want to show the result of the expression after executing
the DDL, and this has been just added:
+CREATE TABLE part_3 PARTITION OF list_parted FOR VALUES IN ((2+1));

I think that it would be a good thing to show at least the NULL
partition because its partition definition has semantics different
from the three others so as it replaces part_1.  What do you think?
--
Michael

Attachment