Re: COPY FROM WHEN condition - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: COPY FROM WHEN condition
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-01-20 00:24:05 +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> On 1/14/19 10:25 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> > On 12/13/18 8:09 AM, Surafel Temesgen wrote:
> >>

> >> On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 9:28 PM Tomas Vondra
> >> <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com <mailto:tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:
> >>

> >>     Can you also update the docs to mention that the functions called from
> >>     the WHERE clause does not see effects of the COPY itself?
> >>

> >> /Of course, i  also add same comment to insertion method selection
> >> /
> >
> > FWIW I've marked this as RFC and plan to get it committed this week.
> >

> Pushed, thanks for the patch.

While rebasing the pluggable storage patch ontop of this I noticed that
the qual appears to be evaluated in query context. Isn't that a bad
idea? ISMT it should have been evaluated a few lines above, before the:

        /* Triggers and stuff need to be invoked in query context. */
        MemoryContextSwitchTo(oldcontext);

Yes, that'd require moving the ExecStoreHeapTuple(), but that seems ok?

Greetings,

Andres Freund