Re: [HACKERS] pgbench - allow to store select results into variables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pgbench - allow to store select results into variables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Jan-10, Fabien COELHO wrote:

> However, I switched "pg_free" to "termPQExpBuffer", which seems more
> appropriate, even if it just does the same thing. I also ensured that
> prefixes are allocated & freed. I've commented about expr which is not
> freed.

Oops, of course, thanks.

> I'm not keen on having the command array size checked and updated *after*
> the command is appended, even if the initial allocation ensures that there
> is no overflow, but I let it as is.

It was already done that way, only it was done in two places rather than
one.  I just refactored it.  (In fairness, I think the assignment of the
new command to the array could also be done in one place instead of two,
but it seems slightly clearer like this.)

> Attached a v29 with the above minor changes wrt your version.

Thanks, pushed.  I fixed a couple of very minor issues in the docs.

Now let's see how the buildfarm likes this ...