Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: error message when subscriptiontarget is a partitioned table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: error message when subscriptiontarget is a partitioned table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 08, 2019 at 03:05:42PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> I meant to say that the feature to add relations to a subscription is not
> supported for certain relation types, even though it's practically
> *possible* to do so.  But maybe, I'm misunderstanding the error code
> selection policy.

I can see your point, though I would stick with
ERRCODE_WRONG_OBJECT_TYPE for consistency with the existing code and
because the code is intended to not work on anything else than plain
tables, at least now.

> I'm not totally opposed to do that while we're here, but note that there
> might be many such instances in the existing code.

Sure.  I am not noticing anything in the surrounding area but it is
easy enough to miss something.
--
Michael

Attachment