Re: Facility for detecting insecure object naming - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: Facility for detecting insecure object naming
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 05, 2018 at 11:20:52PM -0800, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 12:06:09AM -0700, Noah Misch wrote:
> > >
> > > Interesting.  If we got a function trust mechanism, how much qualification
> > > would you then like?  Here are the levels I know about, along with their
> > > implications:
> >
> > Any preferences among these options and the fifth option I gave in
> > https://postgr.es/m/20180815024429.GA3535710@rfd.leadboat.com?  I don't want
> > to leave earthdistance broken.  So far, though, it seems no two people accept
> > any one fix.
>
> Ping.  I prefer (1) for most functions.

Nobody else has stated an explicit preference, but here are the votes I would
expect based on other comments within this thread (feel free to correct):

Option-1: Misch
Option-4: Lane
Option-5: Haas

I would be okay with option-5, which presupposes a lexical search path for
functions.  Due to the magnitude of adding that feature, I don't expect to
attempt an implementation myself.  (Would anyone else like to?)