Re: BUG #15548: Unaccent does not remove combining diacriticalcharacters - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #15548: Unaccent does not remove combining diacriticalcharacters
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jan 02, 2019 at 02:32:32PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Seeing that supporting python 2 only adds a dozen lines of code,
> I vote for retaining it for now.  It'd be appropriate to drop that when
> python 3 is the overwhelmingly more-installed version, but AFAICT that
> isn't the case yet.

As a side note, if I recall correctly Python 2.7 will be EOL'd in
2020 by community, though I suspect that a couple of vendors will
still maintain compatibility for a couple of years in what they ship.
CentOS and RHEL enter in this category perhaps.  Like Peter, I would
vote for just maintaining support for Python 3 in this script, as any
modern development machines have it anyway, and not a lot of commits
involve it (I am counting 4 since 2015).
--
Michael

Attachment