Re: Query with high planning time at version 11.1 compared versions10.5 and 11.0 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: Query with high planning time at version 11.1 compared versions10.5 and 11.0
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 06:30:04PM -0200, Sanyo Moura wrote:
>>> I'm running performance tests for my application at version 11.1 and
>>> encountered
>>> queries with high planning time compared to the same planning, running at
>>> versions 10.5 and 11.0.
>
> Below is the script that creates one partition table:

Would you send the CREATE TABLE or \d for precio, produto, and almacen ?

Are the 2 referenced tables also empty or can you reproduce the problem if they
are (like in a separate database) ?

Do you still have an instance running 10.5 ?  Or did you find the planning time
in logs (like autoexplain) ?

Are any of your catalog tables bloated or indexes fragmented ?
I assume catalog tables and their indices should all be much smaller than
shared_buffers.

SELECT relpages, relname FROM pg_class WHERE relnamespace='pg_catalog'::regnamespace ORDER BY 1 DESC LIMIT 9;

Can you compare pg_settings between the servers ?  Either from a live server or
historic postgresql.conf or from memory if need be.
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Server_Configuration

Justin