Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_verify_checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_verify_checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 07:11:19PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> First off, I think those fail_corrupt files should have different
> filenames than the empty ones above (I left `99999_vm.123' as an
> example of a duplicated file).

A comment about that is a good idea.  So added.

> So either we remove or truncate the files again after
> $node->command_checks_all(), or the tests use the relfilenode
> feature.
>
> However, in the latter case we would have to use a different main
> relfilenode ID for each subtest, as otherwise pg_verify_checksums would
> again fail on the first file it scans.

The take here is to make sure that the correct file name is showing up
in the produced error message, and removing the files makes future test
more robust, so I have committed a version which removes the files
instead.
--
Michael

Attachment