Re: BUG #15492: pg_cancel_backend(pg_backend_pid()) returns truesporadically - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #15492: pg_cancel_backend(pg_backend_pid()) returns truesporadically
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 07:01:21AM +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> I tried to use the 'make standycheck' approach for two reasons. First,
> it's documented at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/regress-run.html
> Second, it allows to test a replication between different minor versions
> (after some setup).
> Will we still have such a possibility, if the tests will be removed?

When doing an upgrade the standby needs to go first, but I can see your
point here.  If those tests get moved to a TAP test, then the same set
of binaries would be used for both the standby and the primary, so that
possibility would go away if you would want to set a primary with a
different minor version than the standby.
--
Michael

Attachment